On July 25th I participated in my first ever Adventure Xstream race. The race was held near Dillon, Colorado which is about an hour west of Denver at about 9,000' elevation. I signed up with three others (Josh Erickson, and Hans and Leslie Tuft) to form a four person team in a 6 hour race. The race started with a one mile run to the Lake Dillon marina followed by a 5 mile paddle in a kayak and a one mile run back to the center station. The center station was a grass field where we kept all of our stuff. The next part included a 3-4 mile run where we had to use basic orienteering skills to find specific markers scattered around the forest. Then the race ended with a 10-15 mile mountain bike race finding other markers located along certain trails. We had a blast and finished the entire race in just under three hours which gave us the SILVER MEDAL.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Adventure Xstream race
So, this is my first time posting on this site. Usually Heather does an okay job advertising the big events of our lives on this blog, but she has been super busy the last few months doing her internships and student teaching for her teaching certificate. And because of her busy schedule, I thought I would let everyone know what I have been up to this summer.

On July 25th I participated in my first ever Adventure Xstream race. The race was held near Dillon, Colorado which is about an hour west of Denver at about 9,000' elevation. I signed up with three others (Josh Erickson, and Hans and Leslie Tuft) to form a four person team in a 6 hour race. The race started with a one mile run to the Lake Dillon marina followed by a 5 mile paddle in a kayak and a one mile run back to the center station. The center station was a grass field where we kept all of our stuff. The next part included a 3-4 mile run where we had to use basic orienteering skills to find specific markers scattered around the forest. Then the race ended with a 10-15 mile mountain bike race finding other markers located along certain trails. We had a blast and finished the entire race in just under three hours which gave us the SILVER MEDAL.
On July 25th I participated in my first ever Adventure Xstream race. The race was held near Dillon, Colorado which is about an hour west of Denver at about 9,000' elevation. I signed up with three others (Josh Erickson, and Hans and Leslie Tuft) to form a four person team in a 6 hour race. The race started with a one mile run to the Lake Dillon marina followed by a 5 mile paddle in a kayak and a one mile run back to the center station. The center station was a grass field where we kept all of our stuff. The next part included a 3-4 mile run where we had to use basic orienteering skills to find specific markers scattered around the forest. Then the race ended with a 10-15 mile mountain bike race finding other markers located along certain trails. We had a blast and finished the entire race in just under three hours which gave us the SILVER MEDAL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment