
August 2nd-7th: This year for our Fink Family Vacation (FFV) we all went to Island Park, Idaho. Heather's grandparents own a cabin on the lake which makes it a perfect location to soak up some sun while enjoying a week on the water. Heather took some great snapshots of the sunsets but we always seemed to miss the sunrises....I'm sure they were just as breathtaking. I had two goals in mind for this trip: First, I wanted to catch a fish with my fly rod, and second, it was a must for me to finally get up on skis and/or a wake board. Well, it's a good thing I caught so many fish in the Uintahs the week before because all I had for five days was three little nibbles. So I focused my attention on the water sports.

And look...IT'S A MIRACLE!!! I have been trying for years to be able to get up on a wake board and this year was my lucky year. I drank my share of the lake while trying though. It took several attempts but I finally managed to pull it off. And who'd-a-thunk it but I also got up on skis afterwards!! Crazy, I know. Hats off to Taylor and Kevin who so willingly shared their knowledge and skill to help me. WaHOOO!!! Look at me go...

Okay, so it didn't last for very long on my first time up - but hey, I'm a beginner. At the end of the trip I was able to catch at least a couple inches of air:) I do most of my big tricks under water!!! Soon, I will be as good as Taylor...

:) Just kidding- Taylor is very talented though. Not very many people can pop a wheelie with a wake board! GO TAYLOR GO!!

There is something about boats and water that just makes most boys grin. Our nephew, Isaac, absolutely loved the boat rides. Whether he was cruising on the sea-doo or the boat, it did not matter. It doesn't get much better than this.

What a trip! We had such a great time and are very grateful to Heather's Nana and Papa for allowing us to come and spend some time with them. A very big thanks to Kevin and Sue for putting this together and making our FFV-09 a wonderful one. The picture explains it all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment