Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update

Well, I guess it is time for an update from the Hills!  Things are pretty much the same.  I go to work, do homework, and then go to school.  Tyson flies and gets things done around the house.  We are not terribly exciting people right now!  The biggest change in our lives is that I got strep throat and had to take four days off of work in two weeks.  While I've enjoyed being able to spend time with Tyson, I miss my preschoolers!  Unfortunately, we are also dealing with some sad news from my sister.  She is pregnant, but the baby has a cystic hygroma, which is basically a cyst on the baby's head and neck.  This means something is wrong, but we don't know what yet.  We have hopes that everything will turn out fine, but right now we're dealing with a lot of unknowns.  Our new niece or nephew could have heart defects or a chromosomal problem such as Down's Syndrome, Turner's Syndrome or Trisomy 18.  There's also a big chance that the baby won't make it to birth.  We feel like we're playing the "Hurry up and wait" game as we try to give support to my sister and her family and cope with the unknowns.  We can only trust in the Lord and remember that His plan is the best plan, no matter what it may seem like now!

1 comment:

Brian and Cami said...

Hey Heather, we are going to disneyworld this tgiving and wondered if you have any tips or advice on specific things we should do? Thanks!