Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Jury Duty
Today I experienced a new first--I had jury duty today. I've never done that before. My number was pretty low, meaning I got called for jury selection with the first judge that was ready for jurors. I was the 7th juror in the box and they were keeping 7 jurors (6 jurors and 1 alternate). Needless to say, I was getting a little nervous about being on the jury, especially since my students start school on Thursday. It was interesting to see how the process worked and sit in a court room. They're a lot smaller in real life than they seem on TV. Our judge was really nice though. I answered all their questions and they decided they didn't want me (which was a good thing--I would've been sad if I missed my work retreat tomorrow and really upset if I missed the first day of school!!) Any way, it was interesting to learn more about how that process works. The case I was there for was a civil case where a lady was suing her insurance company. It's probably a good thing for her that I wasn't on the jury because I thought her case was a total joke. I'm surprised her case even made it this far. So that was my jury experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Too bad jury duty would have conflicted with work, because I think it would have been fun. And hey, at least you got some material for a blog. Thanks for sharing!
One of my goals in life is to be on jury duty. This is Kory, Tyson's mission friend. I'm officially blogstalking you. I hope that's ok.
Post a Comment