Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Ring

I accomplished something that few women have done before me--I broke my wedding ring!  I know!  That takes a special kind of talent, I know.  And, I don't even know exactly how I did it.  Somehow, I bent the diamond back and ended up bending the ring into a funny shape.  We took the ring to a jeweler and learned that there were several factors that contributed to the funky bending of the ring.  Basically, the jeweler said she could fix the ring, but we'd probably end up needing to get the ring fixed again at some other point.  So, we ended up deciding to get a new setting.  We figured that in the end, that would be the best decision.  It was hard to say goodbye to my original ring because I loved it and Tyson did such a good job picking it out all by himself.  But my new ring is also beautiful.  Tyson did a great job of making it a special occasion to give me the ring.  When I was ten, my dad took me up to the Denver Temple we sat on the bride's bench together.  He talked to me about how important it is to get married in the temple and I promised him that I would get married there.  So on Tuesday, Tyson and I went to the temple together.  Afterwards, we went and sat on the bride's bench.  Tyson asked me to tell him about when my dad had taken me up there before.  (He was so smooth, I had absolutely no idea what was going on).  Then he talked about how glad he was that I had kept that promise to my dad and married him in the temple.  Then Tyson talked to me about how much he loves me and how great our first year of marriage was and how many great years we have ahead of us.  It was super sweet and I loved it!  My husband is the best!  Even though I did break the original ring he gave me!  I hope these pictures give you a good idea of what the ring looks like!

2 comments:

KMF & DSF said...

I can't say I have ever heard of that happening! But you sure got another beautiful ring out of it! I love it!

Leslie said...

Oooooo... So pretty! It's sad that you broke your ring, and I have to say that I've never heard of anyone doing that before :), but what a great story! What a romantic husband you have!

Your pictures make me miss Colorado... Thanks for letting me stalk your blog!