Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Katie Sue, picaboo!!
Here are a few more pictures of Katie during our stay at the hospital.
Picaboo, Katie! She was eyes wide open right after birth. I think she has blue eyes.
Katie's first bath. Suprisingly, she kind of enjoyed this. The nurse had to be very careful with the back of her head though because of the bruising caused by the vacuum extraction at birth.
At the end of day one for Katie, we noticed she was going a little blue and starting to wheeze a bit so she was taken to the NICU. They found that she just wasn't getting the oxygen she needed so for the rest of the time we were at the hospital, Katie was getting a good amount of happy time. At the beginning of day three, they took her off the oxygen and she has been great ever since.
Finally, it was time to go home! Heather was so excited to get her dressed for the car ride back to the house. I'm not quite sure what gets women more excited- the babies or the baby clothes? The outfit was a newborn size but still huge on her. This hat only lasted for the pictures and then we had to put the hospital hat back on. Otherwise it would fall way down over her face. What a cutie! She loved the car ride home:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh she really is so perfect! What a cutie! I'm so glad she is healthy and home.
It's the clothes if you are having a girl. I get absolute enjoyment out of picking out Taytum's clothes. Some days I have a harder time deciding what she is going to wear than myself. Have fun with her, she is such a beautiful baby.
I don't know, I sure have a lot of fun picking out Jayden's clothes too! It drives brian crazy when I tell him to go pick out clothes for jayden and say i don't care what he wears, but then send him back when he comes out with two items that don't go together. He says boys don't wear outfits, but I say that baby boys do! Congrats, Bri and I think Katie looks like her daddy!
I already said congrats but I want to do so again. She's a gorgeous baby. I hope that the adjustment isn't going to rough on you guys. And I also hope to Katie Sue is a nighttime sleeper, for your sakes! :)
Post a Comment