Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Back to School
Alright, well I know that I'm a total slacker about updating the blog, but I'll try to do better. So I started school up yesterday. I'm getting my masters at UCCS in special ed. So far, so good. Nothing too traumatizing. Although I'm definitely not at BYU anymore. They have signs on every door saying "No Smoking within 15 feet" and some of the people there look a little "lost" shall we say. But it's a good learning experience and a good missionary opportunity. Last night was my first class and it was all about assessment. Tonight my class is about classroom management and instruction. We'll see how it goes I guess! So that's what I know about school so far. Oh, and I got my new mac which I love! I'm still learning my way around a little bit but it's been a good experience so far. Tyson is in school right now too. He's taking a theater class (required) so if any of you know of any good plays going on let us know. We have to go check them for Tyson's class. We're officially all moved into my parent's basement so that's good. We're glad to be settled. We don't know how long we'll be here, but it's working for now. Oh, and did I mention that Tyson and I both have callings in our new ward? I am teaching a primary class--CTR 5. I have 4 little 4 year old girls (they turn 5 this year). If you think it sounds easy I'll let you come sub for me! These girls are energetic to say the least. And smart! Last Sunday, our lesson was called "I am a Child of God." I showed my class a cute picture of my nephew Isaac and asked where he was before he came here to earth. All the girls start yelling, "He was with Jesus." Then one of my girls goes, "Well actually, he was also in a uterus before he came here." It was pretty classic. I don't know of any other four year old that knows that word "uterus." Tyson gets to teach Elder's Quorum. This Sunday is his first week teaching so we'll see how it goes! Alright, well I will try to do a better job of keeping you up to date! Hope all is well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So glad to hear that everything is going well! Hope mom and dad Fink are doing well too :)
Heather, I didn't know you were going into special education. It's nice to hear from you. Good luck with the last few weeks of school!
Post a Comment